Curious Incident of the Dog In the Nighttime Auditions
Please read all of the following information carefully:
Prepared monologues: Monday, January 13, 2020 starting at 2:30
Actors should prepare a 1 to 2 minute dramatic monologue.
Monologue should be performed in a British dialect.
Sign up sheet for audition times will be available on January 6th.
Reading the script and the book before auditions is highly recommended.
Callbacks: Wednesday, January 15 and Friday, January 17 if needed.
Rehearsals start on Tuesday, January 21st and are from 2:30 to 5:30 PM Monday thru Friday.
Check the drama club calendar on www.NVAADrama.com for details on the rehearsal schedule.
Show dates are April 15-18 and 22-25
Curious Incident character breakdown.
- Christopher John Francis Boone: the 15-year-old protagonist.
- Mr. Ed Boone: Christopher’s father, a boiler engineer.
- Mrs Judy Boone: Christopher’s mother.
- Siobhan: Christopher’s para-professional and mentor at school.
- Mrs. Shears: Christopher’s neighbour. The actor in this role also plays:
- Mrs. Gascoyne: the head of Christopher’s school.
- Woman on Train
- Voice One
- Roger Shears: Mrs Shear’s ex-husband. The actor in this role also plays:
- Mr. Wise: one of Christopher’s neighbours.
- Duty Sergeant
- Man behind Counter
- Drunk One
- Voice Two
- A Policeman: The actor in this role also plays:
- Mr. Thompson: one of Christopher’s neighbours
- London Policeman
- Man with Socks
- Drunk Two
- Voice Three
- Reverend Peters: a priest and teacher at Christopher’s school.
- Uncle Terry: Christopher’s uncle
- Station Policeman
- Station Guard
- Voice Four
- No. 37: One of Christopher’s neighbours. The actor in this role also plays
- Lady in Street
- Punk Girl
- Voice Five
- Mrs. Alexander: An old lady, one of Christopher’s neighbours. The actor in this role also plays:
- Posh Woman
- Voice Six
Standard British for Actors
1 Introduction 2 General Tips3 Sound Changes4 Sound Change Exercises5 Practice Sentence Introduction6 Practice Sentences, Female7 Practice Sentences, Male8 WH Note9 Intonation Introduction10 Intonation Examples11 Conversation Introduction12 Army Officer13 Hen Party14 Doomsday Book15 Middle-Aged Theatre Director16 Actress (RP)17 Actor (RP)18 Actress (Softer, Less Modern)19 Young Actress20 Playwright With Slight Estuary Influence21 Artist With Modern Sounds22 Young Woman (Classical Accent)23 Young Theatre Intern (London RP)